Smart Justice Spokane is advocating for:
- Racial equity throughout the criminal justice system.
- Non-arrest solutions –provide pre-arrest pathways to treatment, jobs, housing, and other lifeline programs.
- Non-jail solutions – reduce the number of non-violent people in jail with Electronic Home Monitoring, risk/need assessments, and problem-solving courts.
- Culturally appropriate treatment for mental health issues and drug/alcohol dependency.
- City-county coordination in our courts, jail, and law enforcement in implementing smart justice reforms.
- Employment solutions including job training, job placement, and removing barriers to employment.
Smart Justice Spokane Plan to Implement Regional Smart Justice
- Executive Summary of Plan to Implement Regional Smart Justice
- Plan to Implement Regional Smart Justice
Smart Justice Spokane Reports